I apologize that it has been a while since our last update. There have been some curveballs in the typical process at this point, with a lot of unknowns. At this time, the current situation in Guinea is still rocky, with lots of uncertainty about how some of the local strikes and protests have been impacting our adoption process, but it certainly has slowed things down. In addition, there have been some issues locally here in the US with the renewal of accreditation for our agency. The COA has suspended their Hague accreditation without reason.Our agency is doing everything they can to work around this so that their families can move forward, but it has been a complicated process. This video does a great job of explaining what is going on here locally in the US in regards to International Adoptions:
For more information, visit saveadoptions.org.
We also were notified yesterday that although our court case should have started 2 months ago when our article 5 letter was produced, it is still sitting in an office waiting on one signature to get started. I can’t go into more detail, but we believe in the power of many people praying. Would you pray with us that our file would be signed soon? The court process is lengthy and has not even started. We are specifically praying for the necessary signature to move forward gets done this week. Would you pray this along with us?
We will be writing another large check this week to our agency for the in-country fees. This is scary because we know that we are doing all of this in faith and hope for the end result of bringing our son home with so much uncertainty. We also still have about $7,000 needed to cover the costs. If you would like to help, you can donate here.
Our hearts are heavy waiting to bring our son home. We believe God’s timing is perfect, but it still is hard. We will continue to share progress on our case. Thank you for being part of this journey with us.